Grace Christian School in Escondido, CA. is looking for a part-time (6 hrs.) preschool teacher. This position offers a free preschool tuition bonus for employees children.
Please email resume's and supporting documents to Bre Manata - preschool director @ firstname.lastname@example.org
ACCOUNTABLE TO: Preschool Director
PURPOSE: To partner with Grace Lutheran Church and Grace Christian School in providing an educational climate that enriches the child and offers the opportunity for all individuals to grow in the knowledge and understanding of Jesus Christ as their personal Savior and Lord.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Weekly lesson plans.
2. Long range planning (goals and objectives).
3. Assessments of children.
4. Treat each child with dignity and respect.
5. Record keeping as assigned by the preschool director.
6. Arrangement, appearance, décor and learning center environments of the classroom.
8. Effective teamwork with staff.
9. Attending all scheduled staff meetings.
10. Participate in required training programs, conferences, courses and other aspects of professional growth.
11. Assist in public relations events sponsored by the preschool (open house, Harvest Festival, etc.).
12. Maintain a professional attitude when dealing with children, parents, and staff.
13. Retain the confidentiality of each child and parent.
14. Attend preschool related functions (retreats, etc.)
15. Maintain an active and participatory church membership.
16. Participate in activities, which enhance spiritual growth.
17. Answer emails from parents.
18. Provide daily updates in writing for parents.
19. Provide a weekly email update for parents each Friday.
Skills and Competencies
· Must enjoy working with very young children and creating positive environments for learning and play.
· Must possess excellent communication skills, and be able to dialogue with a child’s parent(s) at pick-up and drop-off times, both informally and formally, regarding progress, expectations, and daily notes, as needed.
· Must be an active member of a Christian Church, Membership in a LCMS congregation in preferred, and being a member of Grace Lutheran Church is desired.
· Must be a strong team player with exceptional problem solving skills, working to resolve issues rather than create them and promote an atmosphere of Christ-centered excellence.
· Maintain accurate and complete student records as required by laws, Community Care Licensing (CCL) requirements, and administrative regulations.
· Must be a high school graduate (or equivalent) and have at least 12 postsecondary semester units in Early Childhood Education (ECE) from an accredited college and at least six months of work experience in a licensed Child Care Center or similar program. The units specified shall include courses covering child growth and development; child, family and community; and program/curriculum, and must include at least 3 units in Infant and Toddler care.
· Must be able to accommodate a work schedule assigned between the hours of 6:15 AM – 6:00 PM.
· Must hold current CPR and First Aid Certifications.
· Must submit a background clearance and fingerprinting (authorized form to be supplied by Director at time of hire – start date contingent on clearance approval).
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES AND WORK ENVIRONMENT: Sufficient stamina to stand, walk, sit, climb, kneel, crawl, reach, twist, crouch, squat, balance and bend on a daily basis 8 - 10 hours a day; strength to regularly transport objects weighing up to 50 pounds and occasionally up to 100 pounds; sufficient hearing and speaking to give and receive instructions; and vision sufficient to read fine print. Be able to lift children. This job generally requires 10% sitting, 45% walking and 45% standing. Must keep CPR , First Aide, and other Community Care Licensing mandated certifications current.